Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Australesque Days

I got myself a bike. No. Not the one in the picture. It's a bicycle. Wanted to upload a picture of it, but this looks...so much prettier. But this is the bike I keep stopping to stare endlessly at when riding along Elizabeth on my way back from work. That's right. I got work. I'm not sure how long they'll let me keep doing what I've been doing. But I do hope they pay me real soon. Because I've spent most of my money on the bicycle. And a wii. The bicycle's pretty specced up, 21 gears, speed meter and all the bells and erm..lights. I was planning to hook up the N95 to it but have yet to do so. GPS and Rihanna live on the go sounds pretty nice. On a bicycle. Well it's all in the works (and by that I mean someday soon probably). Anyways, the wii was a sudden thing as well. I was playing on my housemate's wii and almost finished Sonic 2 on it when I realised that this will be as close to a NES that I'll ever get. And that's something I've wanted since 1985. And so I went ahead on that front. Classes have been good and bad. I've been going but assignments are accumulating as usual. Life's been kinda surreal these past weeks. I don't think it's good or bad. Just different. I have a lot less PGR4 time, but it's not really such a bad thing. It's nice to have that to come home to but it's been less of a relaxation compared to some bourbon and sleep. Am also toying with the idea of rearranging the room. Taking the minimalist approach this time around. Something calm yet stylish. At the moment it's all the very messy. But a functional mess. It's like layers of stuff that's connected somehow. I've always wanted to give the minimalist approach a shot, but it always seems distant considering my inner OCD wants everything to be on demand. What makes this attempt any different? I figure with this much change happening around me, maybe I should just ride it out. Make a real change. And see where that takes me. Maybe it'll take me to that bike shop on Elizabeth selling that beautiful yellow CBR1000RR. And that ain't half bad.

1 comment:

sam the bacon said...

wahahahaha!!!

well, at least you can knock one thing off that list! your bike sounds cool from the way you describe it. but do you really need 21 gears?

wait, did you change jobs? or still there?

and... wii wasn't on your list, as far as i can remember. dude...!

i suggest not to rearrange your room. if it looks like you dont have much, you would incline to get more stuff. and.. dont forget, its a pain in the ass to move home with all that junk. i've been there and done that. :P