Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Masterful Camaro


It's been pretty quick, this week; with Thursday suddenly looming ahead, that only means one of two things: the weekend's coming again, or the realization that I am not any closer to my goal with time running out; fast. Boy has it been quick, I mean; really... it's already July, almost my sixth month in Melbourne; and I did lose the plot most of last semester (although near the end it was good), partly because I didn't really have a plot to begin with, and also because I had no idea what I was doing.. setting myself in the right sort of direction was difficult; let alone any direction: it was on the edge stuff, with the end of semester completed with very little room for error. Now, although directionless, the past five months or so has been relatively kept in check by my desire to get something done. The holidays have come and put it all in a sort of limbo. That and my hurt left foot. Anyways, it all started to come back to me after Transformers, and the second viewing yesterday only made a stronger realization, but only right now; as I'm typing this do I feel the need to complete what I had started. So here I am at 3:27am local time with Player's "Baby Come Back" looping endlessly (since morning really) , Oh! and G-Star sale's now on as well, so it's something to do tomorrow; but anyway the point really is: that scene where Mikaela was almost walking away, that sunset, that buildup of emotion when this song plays; that is the point of it: so when I saw this Camaro at Safeway this afternoon, I had no reason not to get it. It's an American icon perhaps, but it stands for so much more. It stands for that moment. It stands for that feeling. It stands for reason. It stands for the meaning. It stands for that perfect picture.

It stands for all that is important.

Time to sleep. A new day beckons.

No comments: