Friday, June 29, 2007

The Brand With The Three Stripes / The Shoe Issue

It's all Jay Kay's fault really. It really is; although I have yet to experience Boss (though almost, very nearly almost...damn sale..); or see his line, Adidas (or what we prefer to jokingly call Asadi) has pretty much been prevalent in the house. Seriously I was out to get some nike trainers partly because the red Gazelle I've been using for running have been a little tight; and the blue/yellow ones just hurt my feet after long usage. Although the blue/yellow ones are a nod to the Oregon JKs I've been scouring shops to find, they're gorgeous in their own right (although the majority of people I meet tend to like my Londons so much more; it really is a mystery). So anyway, I was out for the nike ones simply because I was overwhelmed with BoA nike ad photos that I have been recently er.. overwhelmed with. So I was just down shopping when I saw these black Barracks: ok so it wasn't really love at first sight, but then I saw that the stripe designs were reminiscent to the 350z door handles, and that I had yet to have a non-colorful shoe (the Porsches were getting dirty too often, requiring too much cleaning; and in no way I wanted to ruin them as much); it was pretty dead on where I was heading. The image of Jay Kay sitting in that High Times DVD interview didn't help. So I was pretty happy with myself (I did splurge on some clothes as well, but that is left to another story..) until i met my housemate for dinner, and we decided to 'pop' by this other shoe shop which was on sale. That's how the Orions came home. It was really really reasonable and I did talk about them just a day before; though the original color I wanted was this dark blueish thing with orange stripes, it's now red with black. And seriously, those are some comfortable comfortable shoes. Haven't had a run in them, but had walked around the apartment yesterday being silly; annnyways... the point of it all really was..

I was supposed to get nikes.

It's all that space cowboy's fault.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pleae can u tell me where can i buy that adidas oregon (blue or green and yellow) ones..i iam trying to find them, but have no luck :(
my mail is cheebalover@gmail.com