Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Citations


I'm supposed to practice my citation skills, so I'm going to go ahead and cite Clarkson from his new column.(though in a very wrong format, totally in random, and to be fair it's not really even a citation; more of a quote: but the surprise is masterful, and being masterful also means never being wrong...)

"Yes, you can go round a corner two miles per hour faster in the Ferrari F430, but while doing so, you'll be wearing a rather serious, Autocar test driver face.In the Lambo, you'll be playing Vertigo, at full volume and grinning like a Halloween night pumpkin."

"At petrol stations, people always say to a Ferrari driver, "Ooh, I bet you don't get many miles to the gallon out of that" or "I can get more luggage in my Maestro". But if you have a Lambo, they'll say "My God, it's got orange seats" and "Can we have sex in it?"

Anyhow, I'm at the library again; steady internet connection still evades me like a plague, and seriously having some trouble getting top gear 9X05 (already got 06) because we went and pissed off some cybercafe owner last night who kept insisting that "NO NO NO P2P PROGRAM HERE! YOU SLOW DOWN ENTIRE CAFE! YOU NO NO P2P!"; he looked Korean. I believe I had more right to be in Chinatown than him. But anyways, good thing torrents are resumable, as I got it from another cafe down the road. But really man, you're a bloody internet cafe. That means you sell internet. Those bastards playing WOW or whatnot don't need the bloody bandwith (I might be wrong on that one), but seriously; what else is more important than Top Gear? Poor deluded Korean fool. But 200kbps+ is amazing.

That out of the way, I'd say for some stupid innane reason I've been playing U2's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" on repeat. Maybe it's the nice euphoric feeling of the instruments. Maybe it's Bonio's echoing voice. Maybe it's just more accepted here. But then again, eternal flame's playing on the ipod at the moment. So then again...maybe not.

No comments: