Wednesday, August 01, 2007

So, What Have You Been Up To Then?

It's 9:30 in the morning. I still haven't slept yet. I've been up all night trying to finish Final Fantasy XII. Yes. The same Final Fantasy that I didn't sleep while levelling up back home. It's the whole reason why I brought the PS2 here to Melbourne, and as procrastination would have it, I have left it till the last few days of my winter holidays to start playing again. Needless to say, there's a lot of ground to make up. I've been playing it for about 8-9 hours straight. And I'm still not past half way. The game really amazes me with it's graphics presentation and storyline. I mean, there's much better graphics nowadays with the PS3 and the 360, but this one really puts up a fight. I was thinking about it and it would be safe to say that this could be my PS2's swan song. I've just cleaned the internals a week or so ago (and it strangely just got more moody) and while it's in good physical condition, it really doesn't like to read DVDs much nowadays. So I suppose this will be one of the last big games the trusty PS2's going to play. I would hope not, but it seems that way. Ah, the end of another generation of consoles. I can still remember the first time I laid my hands on a Nintendo Entertainment System. How times have changed...

Now, on to the food issue..

"Roast Chicken Drumsticks served with Spaghetti and Brown Gravy" - Worked out better that I thought.








"Spaghetti Bolognaise"
- Well, it's bolognaise..


"Fish Fingers in Toast with HP Sauce" - This one was Jamie Oliver's recipe. It tastes surprisingly lovely. And real easy to make too. Although he did specify tomato ketchup instead of HP sauce. Potato Potahto I say.

"Fried Rice with Fried Beef Sausages And Egg" - Forgot salt on this one but ended up not too bad; thanks to the chicken stock. Will try again soon. Still have to get this one perfected.

Oh, and finally got the laptop connected to the telly thru S-Video link. You know what that means... Daytona USA on Model 2 Emulator! Still has some issues but looks so much better. Capcom games run almost arcade perfect! Keyboard bashing commence!

No comments: