Thursday, July 27, 2006

Running it in

I've just gotten back from Klang, in about 15 minutes. I'm not very proud about that, simply because it's been done before. Neither am I proud about the fact that I hit 193 km/h on that stretch of road, again; because it's been done before. However what I am proud of is that I kept it at 193 km/h for most part of the journey. You probably are thinking, so what? Here's the issue. My car doesn't like going past 175 km/h very much. It's mostly siemens's fault, but partly mine. Let me explain. 160 km/h is fairly nice cruising speed; and easily reachable, but getting it up to 180km/h tends to worry me. It tends to take really really long straights and then some to get there. The federal highway isn't exactly straight, or flat, so I tend to slow down. The last time I reached 193 km/h for record purposes was such a short stint before a corner appeared, I hardly felt what the speed feels like. Today however, was different. Apparently I've managed to unknowingly screw with the underside aerodynamics of the car that at 175 km/h, the turbulent wind pushes on the inside/outside air switch thingy so hard it moves by itself. It literally opens itself to outside air at that speed, and I can't close it until I've slowed down. Either it was my doing or it was really turbulent wind today. Anyway, the point of all this marlakey is that 193 km/h feels great, and while it's 7 km/h short of 200, it has kept me satisfied with my baby, at least for another month or so.

No comments: