Tuesday, January 03, 2006

YUI Are My Number 1!


It is day four of 2006 and nothing feels remotely noveau. Nothing feels like a big different year. It's 2006, that's six years since the y2k scam, a time where the generation X fad has become so passe. And that says something. This year (as was last year actually) is actually nothing new. What was new has become everyday life. And what is everyday life is the same. The question we need be answered is this : do we really need change? I've heard that change is good, it brings new concepts and ideas together and that in turn brings nice new things to your life. However, I've also heard that familiarity breeds content. Content? I think more like contentment. We get used to things we're familiar with, we get comfortable. Changes are high risk manouevers that we may not all be prepared for at all times. But it is in that non-preparation that we learn. The human race is not really a race at all. It's a confused gene-pool of evolution that doesn't know where it's heading and more importantly; it doesn't know why. This explains why people often question their purpose in life. I was posed such a question at a forum the other day, and interestingly enough, the answer came rather easily. My purpose in life is current. And in that purpose is to listen to this really awesome single by YUI, who happens to be really cute as well. Oh how I love her life video. Makes me melt.

New year. New philosophy. In girl we thrust.

No comments: